Time & Location
About The Event
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills that helps professionals decide if a career in IT is right for them. It also helps organizations prepare non-technical teams for digital transformation.
The CompTIA ITF+ exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike.Who Would Benefit from CompTIA ITF+?
CompTIA ITF+ can serve as a springboard for various IT careers, ensuring candidates are better prepared to understand and grasp the building blocks of IT at an introductory, foundational level. These individuals should consider pursing CompTIA ITF+:
- Students considering a career in IT
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of IT
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations
The CompTIA ITF+ exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, application and software, software development, database fundamentals and security. Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Set up a computer workstation running Windows and use basic software applications
- Understand the functions and types of devices used within a computer system
- Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles
- Understand some principles of software and database development
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the internet
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks
The CompTIA ITF+ exam covers the following domains and topics:
- IT concepts and Terminology: Illustrate the basics of computing and processing
- Infrastructure: Explain the purpose of common internal computing components and basic networking concepts
- Applications and Software: Explain the purpose and proper use of software and methods of application architecture
- Software Development: Compare and contrast programming language categories
- Database Fundamentals: Explain database concepts and the purpose of a database
- Security: Explain methods to secure devices and best practices
CompTIA (The Computing Technology Industry Association) is the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world. With more than 2 million IT certifications issued worldwide, CompTIA is dedicated to helping IT professionals lead the charge in our digitally connected world.
For more than 20 years, CompTIA has developed training and certification exams for computing support, networking, security, open-source (Linux) development, cloud and mobility. Our regular review and updates of exams ensure that CompTIA certifications continue to address the needs of today’s technology challenges.Ready for a Career in IT?
CompTIA now offers a number of exam training options for CompTIA ITF+ to fit your particular learning style and schedule, many of which may be used in combination with each other as you prepare for your exam.
There’s a wealth of information to take you from deciding if CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ is right for you, all the way to taking your exam. We’re with you every step of the way!
- Early Bird$0$00$0